Michelin Pilot Road 4

... om deler, tilbehør, utstyr, renhold, MC-forsikring, kjøreklær osv. til MC, fører og passasjer.
Svar
ludoneuf
Motorsykkelen din: Yamaha FZ1n 2006

Michelin Pilot Road 4

Legg inn av ludoneuf »

Hi everyone,

This is the frenchie, I'm back :) I've finally managed to get around the impossible access to the main frame of the website since no one fixed the problem . (I have to type in the exact forum adress I want to see to access it, not just the main page adress or **/index , this one is locked)

Anyway, I'm here to talk about the tyre Michelin Pilot Road 4, I have a few questions, first does anyone got it on, is it available here in Norway? if yes, what do you think of it?? any diference with PR3 ?
have you heard of Trail and GT versions?? preferences?

and second, I will be in Oslo next week and was hopping you could help me find a garage where they fit new tyres on motorbikes (Michelin Pilot Road 3 or 4) quite fast (I will be in oslo for 1 day) any ideas guys??

Thanks

PS: I'm still riding my FZ1n yellow.. didn't find the correct buyer :) Rear tyre 190/50 17

Ludo
Du har ikke de nødvendige tillatelsene for å vise filene som er tilknyttet dette innlegget.

Brukeravatar
mortenolb
Motorsykkelen din: 2020 Ducati Multistrada 950 S
Sted: Siggerud

Re: Michelin Pilot Road 4

Legg inn av mortenolb »

I just got my PR4's on a couple of weeks ago, and I've only gotten like 1200km on them, but I'm happy with them so far. I haven't tried PR3 before. I went to PR4 from Pirelli Angel GT, and as far as I remember(allthough I'm not very experienced yet) the Angel GT was a little bit easier to lean the bike over with, but it's not like it's a hassle with the PR4's either. They inspire confidence, and I don't have any reservations about leaning the bike with them. My chicken strips was gone after my first ride with them, and I feel confident in wet conditions aswell!

As to finding a garage in Oslo, I'm not that familiar with where it could be, but I would generally advice you to call ahead as soon as possible to get an appointment.

Edit:
And as far as I know, the trail version is for those who like to do some offroading? Not sure about that one, but the GT on is usually recommended for heavier bikes and if you plan on riding alot with much weight on your bike for longer trips etc. The side of the tyres(not the part that's touching the ground, but the side up to the rims) are stiffer. I don't think you'd need the GT version on your bike unless you do ride with loads of weight. You might want to check with someone who actually knows what he's talking about, though. :prop:
Sist redigert av mortenolb den 19 aug 2014, 18:13, redigert 2 ganger totalt.

ludoneuf

Legg inn av ludoneuf »

Thanks for your quick reply mortenolb,

I agree with you regarding the appointment, but I don't know who to call... :scratch :scratch :scratch

Brukeravatar
mortenolb

Legg inn av mortenolb »

(I added some more to my last reply, in case you didn't see it)

I know the names of a few garages/stores in Oslo, but I don't know where they are exactly, but I'd say you could give it a shot with one of these;
(Some are from memory, some are from google. Also keep in mind that I don't have personal experience with any of these)

MC Oslo
AMD Motorsykler
Hestmann Motor
Fastbikes

I know a few people in here have used AMD, and I've heard good things about Hestmann.

Brukeravatar
poulet_cavalier
Motorsykkelen din: R1200GS
Sted: Asker

Legg inn av poulet_cavalier »

ludoneuf skrev:Thanks for your quick reply mortenolb,

I agree with you regarding the appointment, but I don't know who to call... :scratch :scratch :scratch
Yamaha dealers: http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/no/forhandle ... XZ5Izg1-sQ

I think this is the biggest Yamaha dealer close to Oslo:
Capture.JPG
I hope you are prepared for Norwegian prices..
Du har ikke de nødvendige tillatelsene for å vise filene som er tilknyttet dette innlegget.
FLICKR: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132823894@N04/
Be silent, or say something better than silence
-Pythagoras

ludoneuf

Legg inn av ludoneuf »

thanks again :D

although I'm prepared for norwegian price (I could find the tyre online , I'm thinking 10% more to get it in a real shop) but how much is it average to get the job done in a shop in Norway?

I could wait a few more miles to replace it but I will feel better going on a big trip (going back to France, through Sweden/finland/east europe / croatia / Italia. France ) ~6000km planned with a new tyre instead of the half Worned-out (only the left side is bad - I guess I'm less scared on left bends :)

Cheers
Ludo

Brukeravatar
sankyo
Motorsykkelen din: Kawasaki ZZR 1400
Sted: Oslo

Re: Sv: Michelin Pilot Road 4

Legg inn av sankyo »

I got new tires a week ago. The online price was 2700 kroners. I got somebody to help me, so I didn't pay more than just the tires.
My dealer asked for 4500 kr (everything includet).

Welcome to Norway:!::!::!:
Live long and prosper :janikk

Brukeravatar
mortenolb

Legg inn av mortenolb »

Somewhere between 4500-5000 work included is a fair assumption. Sadly.

cannon
Motorsykkelen din: Honda cbr929rr 2000, Yamaha YZF R1 2006

Legg inn av cannon »

I suggest you call Manfred Ress at Solli Racing. Location at Lørenvangen/Økern, 10 minutes from mid city. I can strongly recommend this workshop for all kinds of MC services. What Manfred do not know about bikes, is probably not worth knowing ;-)

http://www.solliracing.com/Kontakt-3873s.html?show=11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ZZR-Erling

Legg inn av ZZR-Erling »

Hi!
I have it in front on my K1300S now for approx 3000km, and beginnig to se some "trapping"....so, maybe il stay with my preffered one, Metzeler Z8I O/M.

I have tyre pressure monitor as OEM on my BMW and ride with 2,5/2,8 f/r.
l check the pressure every day i ride.

ludoneuf

Legg inn av ludoneuf »

Hi everyone,

so here goes the update.

I replaced my rear tyre this morning in Drammen @ Trio motor MC teknikk.
very nice crew!

I first booked a mechanic in sweden to replace my tyre, but after my first 300km yesterday, and the dammage indulged by the road; I had to change my plan and get it replaced earlier !
I was in Kongsberg, tried to call the places I had the number around Kongsberg/Drammen, but Trio motors was still closed, I decided to drive there, I showed up in front of them with my bike , I asked nicely and they went to check their stock and they came back with a tyre.. and it was a Michelin PR4.. perfect!
They fitted it right away and I was back on the road 1/2 hour later
The Michelin PR4 190/55zr17 cost 2400nok plus 200nok of work.
I feel happy, releaved to have a brand new tyre and especially the one I wanted and happy because those gentleman have been very nice to me, plus price was very good !
I will let you know later on how the tyre react, but so far, really good, I drove 300km after the pit stop, and I felt really in accordance with the road, dry or wet.

Thanks again for all your help :)

Svar