Building, biking, Dutchman moving to Norway

Din egen Forum-blogg! Om MC-livet ditt og annet du vil dele med andre.
Svar
scheffers
Motorsykkelen din: several... bmw, honda, yamaha

Building, biking, Dutchman moving to Norway

Legg inn av scheffers »

On invitation by the Admin ;)

Newby from Holland here. The reason that I am posting here is that I'll be moving to Norway (Bronnoysund) within a couple of months!  :lol:  I need help!! supplies, tips, bikes, contacts.... everything!

When i'm not busy with my girl (Norwegian), my kid (norwegian/dutch), my job as engineer, I like to build bikes. Lots of 'm.
I got a big network for materials, bikes, parts, help etc. in Holland. I'll have to start over when I come to norway! I'm bringing all my tools, lathe, welders, grinders etc. etc.

And the plann is to bring this project i'm working on now:

A Yamaha GTS1000.

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

More of my projects you can find on my facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scheffer ... 2452979437) page or http://www.roelscheffers.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will be learling more and more Norwegian in the future, but hope you guys can help me out in the beginning in English on some basics..........

Greets!
Sist redigert av scheffers den 15 sep 2015, 13:42, redigert 1 gang totalt.

Brukeravatar
AJ
Administrator
Motorsykkelen din: KTM 1290 SA S, ('18), Moto Guzzi v7 850 Special 100 year Anniversary
Sted: Lunner på Hadeland
Kontakt:

Re: Building, biking, Dutchman moving to Norway

Legg inn av AJ »

Welcome to MCsiden.no, the most active forum for MC enthusiasts here in Norway :vs .

The GTS 1000 project is no doubt an extremely interesting one!
Looking forward to read more about and see even more photos of this exceptional prosject :thumleft

MC'er:
Suzuki GSX 1100 EF, 1985 (1991), Yamaha TDM 900, 2006 (2006 - 2010), Triumph Tiger 1050 SE, 2010 (2010 - 2012), Moto Guzzi Stelvio 8V, 2012 (2012 - 2015), KTM 1290 Super Adventure, 2015 (2015 - 2018), KTM 1290 Super Adventure S, 2018 (2018 - -->), KTM 390 Duke, 2021 (2021 - 2023), Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special 100 Anniversary (2023 - -->)
KTM 1290 SA S - nok en god grunn til oppmaskinering Bilde

Brukeravatar
AJ
Administrator
Motorsykkelen din: KTM 1290 SA S, ('18), Moto Guzzi v7 850 Special 100 year Anniversary
Sted: Lunner på Hadeland
Kontakt:

Legg inn av AJ »

About custom built bikes, that might be of interest - in Norwegian - from NMCU (Norwegian Motorcycle Union):

http://arkiv.nmcu.org/meninger/ombygging.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MC'er:
Suzuki GSX 1100 EF, 1985 (1991), Yamaha TDM 900, 2006 (2006 - 2010), Triumph Tiger 1050 SE, 2010 (2010 - 2012), Moto Guzzi Stelvio 8V, 2012 (2012 - 2015), KTM 1290 Super Adventure, 2015 (2015 - 2018), KTM 1290 Super Adventure S, 2018 (2018 - -->), KTM 390 Duke, 2021 (2021 - 2023), Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special 100 Anniversary (2023 - -->)
KTM 1290 SA S - nok en god grunn til oppmaskinering Bilde

superduper
Motorsykkelen din: Old School CHOPPER!

Legg inn av superduper »

Dude... This is totally the wrong site for this! You need to join the group "Norwegian Cafe Racer Forum" on Facebook. About 1800 custom-bike lovers there, which can supply you with whatever info you need regarding custom-bike building in norway. Good luck!

scheffers

Legg inn av scheffers »

superduper skrev:Dude... This is totally the wrong site for this! You need to join the group "Norwegian Cafe Racer Forum" on Facebook. About 1800 custom-bike lovers there, which can supply you with whatever info you need regarding custom-bike building in norway. Good luck!
I know the group, but don't have personal account on FB.... :-)å

Brukeravatar
RuneMC
Motorsykkelen din: '08 DL650A
Sted: Røyken

Legg inn av RuneMC »

Welcome. This looks like a bold move in more than one dimension :-)

So, you mention a lathe... and from the images it looks like some plate-metal work and welding as well. Meaning - I would think - that you can make anything from bolts to gas tanks (?)

Do you work exclusively with café-racer projects or do you make parts/customizations for all types of bikes?
(Just thinking that the HD type customer has a fair market share in Norway and can have the wallets and inclination to make mods to their bikes.)

In any case best of luck! :thumleft
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
RuneMC's foto på Flickr
Kjørt 2015 26K, '14: 21K, '13: 25K, '12: 22K, '11: 14K, '10: 18K, '09: 7K NMCU#

scheffers

Legg inn av scheffers »

RuneMC skrev:Welcome. This looks like a bold move in more than one dimension :-)

So, you mention a lathe... and from the images it looks like some plate-metal work and welding as well. Meaning - I would think - that you can make anything from bolts to gas tanks (?)

Do you work exclusively with café-racer projects or do you make parts/customizations for all types of bikes?
(Just thinking that the HD type customer has a fair market share in Norway and can have the wallets and inclination to make mods to their bikes.)

In any case best of luck! :thumleft
In THEORIE I can make a lot, never made so much for "customers" though, don't feel the need and don't have the time, maybe in the future :). Still learning and learning!

Got lathe, English wheel, stretcher/shrinker, beltgrinder, big drill, MIG/MAG welder, TIG AC/DC welder, and then some...

Brukeravatar
Zadnez
Motorsykkelen din: BMW S1000R 2014
Sted: Oslo

Legg inn av Zadnez »

Welcome to our forum :D That project of yours looks HOT :twisted
Katalysator er en kul ting som ikke bør skjules

Brukeravatar
Staven
Motorsykkelen din: Suzuki GSXR 600 k6
Sted: Hadeland

Legg inn av Staven »

Welcome to the forum and that looks like a sweet bike :)
Hadeland. Suzuki Gsxr 600 2006

2014 - 8800km
2015 - venter!!

Brukeravatar
Erman
Motorsykkelen din: Yamaha XV950R Bolt

Legg inn av Erman »

Roel, I hope you're bringing your K100 too :D
2014 Yamaha Bolt XV950R
1984 BMW K100

scheffers

Legg inn av scheffers »

Thanks gentlemen for the warm welcome!

About bringing the BMW... not sure how it goes, I can calculate the import costs, which as far as I can see are around 4000 NOK.. but don't know if the bike needs to get new license and stuff after.. don't think it will do good in any general tests/checks since I don't have indicators, light is not road legal etc. etc...

Brukeravatar
Intruder
Motorsykkelen din: 1992 Intruder 750
Sted: Brumunddal

Legg inn av Intruder »

vælkømmin æ du
Evig eies kun det tapte !

Nil satis nisi optimum !

http://www.rykogreis.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scheffers

Legg inn av scheffers »

Intruder skrev:vælkømmin æ du
Tusen takk!

Brukeravatar
Erman
Motorsykkelen din: Yamaha XV950R Bolt

Legg inn av Erman »

scheffers skrev:Thanks gentlemen for the warm welcome!

About bringing the BMW... not sure how it goes, I can calculate the import costs, which as far as I can see are around 4000 NOK.. but don't know if the bike needs to get new license and stuff after.. don't think it will do good in any general tests/checks since I don't have indicators, light is not road legal etc. etc...
That's too bad. But you can fiddle with mine then :lol
2014 Yamaha Bolt XV950R
1984 BMW K100

Brukeravatar
gsx750_80
Motorsykkelen din: GSX 750 '80, Ninja 250R m.fl.
Sted: Trøndelag
Kontakt:

Legg inn av gsx750_80 »

scheffers skrev:On invitation by the Admin ;)

Newby from Holland here. The reason that I am posting here is that I'll be moving to Norway (Bronnoysund) within a couple of months!  :lol:  I need help!! supplies, tips, bikes, contacts.... everything!

When i'm not busy with my girl (Norwegian), my kid (norwegian/dutch), my job as engineer, I like to build bikes. Lots of 'm.
I got a big network for materials, bikes, parts, help etc. in Holland. I'll have to start over when I come to norway! I'm bringing all my tools, lathe, welders, grinders etc. etc.

And the plann is to bring this project i'm working on now:

A Yamaha GTS1000.

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

Bilde

More of my projects you can find on my facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scheffer ... 2452979437) page or http://www.roelscheffers.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will be learling more and more Norwegian in the future, but hope you guys can help me out in the beginning in English on some basics..........

Greets!
Nice bike! Good luck with your projects. An independent shop providing parts etc somewhat further south than what seems to be
your location, is this one: http://www.krangnesmotor.no/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .
A funny, brief, "education" of foreigners about norwegian food traditions et cetera, is provided by the band Black Debbath, here:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... +to+norway" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .
mvh

-gsx750_80

Svar